Ryuseiken Battodo

Japanese swordfighting

Hi, I'm Sean. I just joined, I was wondering what brand of Katana yall used? I own a Masahiro Cherry Blossom Katana, Which I don't think is anywhere near the level of quality of your Katanas. Anyways, I guess I just wanted to introduce myself. Later.

Views: 55

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was actually looking up stuff about Batto-Jutsu and found a forum, There were to people arguing about different fighting styles, One of the two people brought up Batto-Jutsu and said it was the same as Battodo. S
o, I ended up looking Battodo up on google and I found a few videos of you guys at your picnic. I watched all of you guys having fun at your picnic and enjoyed watching you guys cutting tameshigiri. I wish You guys lived closer to me, I would love to have friends like you guys right next door to me. Btw, It's nice to meet you too!
Hey, Sean, I'm Monica. Glad to meet someone else who's interested in swords! You're lucky to have a katana. Like Bianca, I don't own one and use the practice one Sensei lets us borrow. We live in the dorm and they don't allow us to bring weapons. : )
Are you absolutely sure there's no organizations near you that practice sword arts? Sometimes they can be hard to find. I don't think most people in Tucson realize we do this.
Yeah, I'm really sure. The closest place That I could think of that might possible have an institute for Iaido,(Which isn't the style I really want to learn), would be about 100-300 miles away. I don't think we could do that. So, I'll just keep looking around online for videos and and text lessons. If you guys have anymore videos that show a breakdown of all your movements, or even if you have some recorded training sessions, I could work with that. I've been interested in this style of swordfighting for a while, So I want to learn more about it in any way I can. Actually, You know if either of you has a camcorder, you could record yourselves going through your routine, and breaking down some of the simpler moves and explaining their names. Of coarse you really wouldn't need a Katana for this, a Simple boken or even a stick will do just fine. Glad to have met both of you!
I use a hanwei practical pro katana, its the next level up from the practical plus which has become the class standard cutting sword. The guys make fun of me because the handle is so long, they say Im compensating for something lol, however I think its all a matter of proportions

-Andrew Dicenso
XD Well, I have to laugh at that. I actually like longer Tsukas, I'm really not sure why, Honestly sometimes they can get in the way. My Masahiro Cherry Blossom Katana has a 10 1/4 inch Tsuka. I was looking at some better swords earlier yesterday, and when I get paid 2 weeks from now thats most sertainly what i'm going for.http://sbg-sword-store.sword-buyers-guide.com/Tenchi.html thats the link to the Katana.

RSS

Web sites & Resources

Matsuri: A Festival of Japan (2008) - Phoenix, AZ, Feb 23-28, Heritage Square

Battodo Ryuseiken in Japan. Also a partial site in english.

The Kodenkan of Tucson

The UofA Ryuseiken Battodo on the ASUA site

Tameshigiri.com - where we get goza. The ordering and shipping process are given.

Hanwei/Paul Chen swords

The Knighthawk Armoury builds some interesting realistic looking goshinken. They're expensive but they claim to be pretty durable (not yet tested by us).

Folding a Hakama the proper way

Woodall's Custom Workshop makes nice cutting stands for tameshigiri.

© 2024   Created by rawnshah.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service